Overfill Prevention Valve
An Overfill Prevention Valve is installed at the fill port of a storage tank.Used in a pressurized tight fill application, the valve helps prevent tank overfills by closing when the liquid level reaches a preset warning level (90-95% full). The valve is installed on a standard 6″ NPT male connection and has a built-in bleed hole that allows the fill hose pressure to be relieved afterthe valve closes. This bleed hole also provides anti-siphon protection for the valve. When installed to manufacturer requirements, the Overfill Protection Valve caneliminate hazardous liquid spills.
All models are supplied with an adaptor to mount aluminium drop tubes.
A test mechanism is also sold separately. The test mechanism allows a technician to pull on the test line at any time during the filling process to actuate the float and stop the fill. This allows a technician to verify the valve is working properly.
Subject to Change without notice
• Valve will not function in gravity fill applications
• The estimated flow rate is 550 GPM at 10 PSI pressure drop
• Once closed the valve will allow flow of less than 2% of max flow to
relieve fill line pressure
• A tight fill is required for the valve to operate
• These valves are rated for a maximum pressure of 100 PS
NFPA 30, 30A, UFC, IFC and PEI/RP2000